Re: GTV6 parts, IRAGIUELE, Eric and his DB7, Smoking '77 Spider

Cool pictures...nice to see what you're getting. The tail
lights are a temptation, but what I'd really like is that
piece of metal on the gravel at the top of the pic...I'll
give you a dollar for it.

(Ok, I can't resist going a night without a post to
AD...even if all I can offer is a wisecrack.)

To IRAGIUELE...I don't know if I speak for all of us, but I
love your posts and don't mind a bit that Italiano is your
first language with English number 2. Your insights have
always been interesting. Please continue to comment whenever
you wish and don't bother to say 'sorry' for anything. I'd
have a really hard time writing ANYTHING in any language
than English.

I'd give my left testicle (believed to be the source of
intelligence in my daughters) for your job, Eric...thanks
for sharing about that DB7. Now I'm all green with envy and
stuff.

The last time I had smoke come out from beneath my dash is
when I accidentally shorted something in the sender unit for
my cat's temperature sensor amp. (The sensor had been
removed and disconnected for years before I got the car.) It
caused the epoxy-potted unit to burn through and turn black
in places. Scared me to death, too, lots of smoke. But then
I've got an '83 GTV6 and you're talking Spider...look for
burned things, is my best input I guess.

No usable content in this post, I know. Just had to make
comments as I said.

- - Eric H. (that's Hambleton for Mr. Z. -- someday we'll meet
and he might hit me for this constant harping)
1983 GTV6 'Felicite' -- waiting impatiently for me to put
her on the road again
1982 GTV6 'Guido' -- named by my daughters against advice of
not naming cars that we'll never drive

Ps. -- thanks to AlfaBill and Mastro: I picked up all 3
'flex joints' (guibos), center bearing and the bushing
assembly for my GTV6's driveline today for about $250. They
came in those wonderful orange bags with the city seal of
Milan -- real Alfa parts.