164 Camber and Smoke

A few weeks back while driving my 164 I ran over a brick. Naturally it
destroyed a perfectly good tyre and bent a perfectly straight mag. I have
managed to replace both. But when I took my poor car for a wheel alignment
they couldn't get the camber right. Everything else came out OK just the
camber was out.

What Have I bent? Is there anything I can do to get the camber right without
replacing whatever it was I bent? I have a slightly older tyre on that side
at the moment but I would like to get the thing right again so I don't ware
out any good tyres.

On another subject.... Smoke
Under heavy acceleration (the way I like to drive) The car blows a
reasonable amount of black smoke out the back. This isn't too much of a
problem admitted, but when I use my Alfa V6 power to blow away some pimply
faced teenager in his 1600 quad cam Honda Civic hatchback It is embarrassing
if he can't see my Alfa badge for smoke.

Also on removing the spark plugs I noticed the rear one on the left bank of
cylinders(under the plenum ) was covered in oil.
All the others seem OK. And I don't know if it is related or not but when I
first move off in the morning the engine stumbles and sometimes even stalls.

Anyone got any ideas? I thought maybe the valve guide or seal. Or is that
wishful thinking? In my wildest dreams it is something I can fix without
removing the engine from the car..... if not it can wait till my present
clutch wears out..... about 6 months I reckon.

Matthew Dooher
1989 164A
Dunedin New Zealand
Matthew.dooher@domain.elided