GT Veloce crankshafts

A while ago I enquired regarding GT Veloce 1750 vs. 2000 for possible
vintage race use. One response suggested a 2000 crank would be better,
because it would be nitrided. However, in April'99 European Car, an Alfa
article says MOST 1750 and all 2000 cranks were nitride treated. If some
1750's were treated, did this start with a certain engine number?
I recently started reading the Alfa Owner's Bible- great book! Are there any
errors to watch for?
Is it correct that the cars commonly called GTV1750 or 2000 should properly
be called GT Veloce? I can see it's easier to use GTV, just wondered which
is "right"...

Peter Audet,London,Ont.,Canada
'75 GT Veloce 2000 SPICA
'72 911