Re: Unobtainable Plastic Part Needed

I managed to plastic weld the one on my '67. I used a large, pistol type
soldering gun with a flat shovel-like blade made for plastic welding. I
found that heating the plastic in the area of the crack and pushing it
back and forth sealed it up. As with any form of welding, good penetration
is the key. Don't overtighten the metal fitting or you might be right
back where you started. That's probably what made it crack in the first
place.