164 front alignment and gringing metal bushes

Hi everyone
Today i went change the oil only to find both my front tires worn out inner
side.I wasn't too convinced by the fix where you grind the metal bushes of the
A-arm but seeing how i have to install new tires afther 10 K miles, i went
with it.What i actually did is use washers amounting in like half the original
thickness at same interior and exterir diameter.
Now, my doubts regard  the stress that this my put in the transmission CV
joints.
I would really like if it is possible that the person that originally did this
( I think in NZ) could say a few words about long-run reliabillity.Or anyone
else that has done it and had it for some time now..
Thank You
Vlad
'91 164L (now due for allignment check)
Long Island