RE: YAY!

Davide Frada wrote:

>Today I, along with Ben Dixon collected the two Alfas hidden away in the
>farmhouse shed. We did have some initial trouble with the Junior as the
>trailer was too small, but eventually we got it tied down nicely and the
>Berlina was ready for loading. This took only a few minutes, as the trailer
>was of the correct size and also had a winch.

I was also pretty happy once I got the Junior home.  A bit of fuel poured
directly into the fuel bowls of the webers (HAH! try and do that,
Spica-equipped people!  heh heh...) and the car fired straight away.  it
settled into a nice idle, and seems to rev smoothly (if rather loudly - big
hole in the exhaust just after the manifold...)

one of the tyres is totally wrecked, which made driving the car difficult to
say the least, but I managed to drive the car in and out of the shed a few
times to verify that the clutch wasnt stuck, and the gearbox/diff etc all
work properly.

the car is quite rusted in places, but the rust is in places that is easy to
fix (ie flat panels).  the tricky bits ( the front guards, apron and
headlight surrounds) are all in good condition.

As most of you know, I will be in the USA/Canada for three months soon, so
Junior will have to wait till I get back for some serious work.

cheers,

Ben
'68 1750 GTV (transport - *grin* )
'68 GT 1300 Junior  (project)