V-6 head gasket thing

Well here I am, just thought I would whip out and check the vavle
clearances on the milano. Imagine my sursprise when I find the throttle has
goop on it. The cars history  is, 75k kms, broke a belt at 70k, the po got
a used 2.5 out of Michigan and got it shipped to Edmonton, Alberta Canada
(anybody here!!!!) When I looked over the car I knew this so was a bit
paranoid (not enough:-)) The expansion tank had some sludge clinging high
up on the walls but the fluid was clean, sight, smell and feel. I've driven
it for about two thousand kilometers and the coolant is still clean, the
oil is clean and clear. When I did the valves the vapour seperator was
nearly plugged with goop and it was real white at the bottom. Are my head
gaskets good or bad? My confidence is totally shot now:-/ Runs Alot better
now that I got all the oil out of the spark plug wells.:-)

Carson Damm
Ft. McMurray, Alberta
Canada

1970 1750 GT Veloce