Odd Headlamp Pattern

My 164 has an odd situation with the passenger side headlamp.  When the
traveling in a different car and looking in the rear view mirror, it is
obvious that the headlamp is throwing an obnoxious pattern, apparently
aimed high which will cause some oncoming traffic to flash their
lights.  I parked the car near my garage door to see if in fact the lamp
was aimed high.  What I observed was that the driver's side headlamp
produced the usual spot pattern, but the passenger side lamp was
throwing a halo effect.  Can someone explain what is happening and what
I can do to fix this?

TIA,
Carl Prochilo
1991 164