Alfa 164 Tranny

This is my first posting to the Digest.  Hope it works.  My question:
I just test drove a 1994 164 w/ an Automatic.  What is involved with
swapping this tranny for a 5 speed?  Is it possible?  How much?
The car is perfect except for the auto tranny.  It really saps the fun
out of a beautiful engine.Robert Savi

I did that on my 91 164L. The manuel has a subframe that the automatic
does not. I had mine put in anyway without the sub.
I would never do it again. I'm still getting all the bugs out. Having
to deal with imcompetent non-alfa mechanics. It puts all sorts of
stress on the car. I'm having to change bushings, tires, etc. I did it
at 90k. So that could be part of the problem. My advise? Find one with
a 5-speed and enjoy.

Danny
91' 164L
Dallas, Texas