Re: restorations near champaign, illinois

Jason, I don't know what you mean by "restored". $3000 will barely buy
you a decent paint job around here (San Jose, CA). A restoration/concours
overhaul of a Spider is probably closer to $25,000 worth of labor if the
car needs the usual amount of work that a 20+ year old car needs to
'restore' it.

My FrancoSpider project is costing me about $8000, before paint and
interior refurbishment. That's: meld the best parts from the '82 parts
car and '78 wreck into the good '79 chassis, with all the rewiring and
other details associated, overhaul the cylinder head and fit new
pistons/cylinders, put a new top on it, set up the suspension properly.

I figure doing the interior up nicely will set me back about $1800 and a
quality paint job another $3000 on top of this. It won't be concours but
it will be one nice Spider.

Godfrey