Information Flexing- LONG

Brian Shorey wrote:

<snip>..was dismayed to
<learn that there were some who were afraid to voice their opinions (and
<that's all we got from either side, opinions).

This post made a lot of sense to me.  As a new member of the digest I have
noticed from off-digest threads that many people hold back from posting for
fear of being burnt if they don't sound like an authorized GURU of Alfahood.
I think it's great that we, newer to Alfa, owners are given access to these
guru's knowledge.  I have never felt bludgeoned by it, but rather educated
by it.  John H.  - NC- has an incredible and respected base of knowledge--
When's the book coming out?!? : )

However- it seems that we are at times more interested in obscure knowledge
that although impressive, helps only a few, and ignore more commonly needed
knowledge that although more mundane, will help many Alfa owners.  I posted
asking about jacking/ support points for Alfas a week ago only to receive no
response at all.  I know I'm not the only one that has wondered where the
Guru's choose to jack up/ support their Alfas- since someone was asking ME
for advise.  Don't forget-- those that ask the stupid questions today-- will
be the gurus of tomorrow.  I enjoy and look forward to the digest every day.
I hope no-one sees this posting as a waste of their time.  I had to speak.

Gurus-- Thank you- all of you.  John H., I hope you don't mind being singled
out- your postings are always valuable.

Alfa Newbies-- Ask those questions, and offer advise from your own
experience.  Out of 1,100+ of us you'll help someone out.

Thank you for your time.

Oscar Perez
Alfa Newbie, and proud of it.

Alfa Bill-- My Welty fund Ck is on it's way-- I've saved many $$s thanks to
the digest!