Steering racks and honest body shops

Firstly...has anyone diagnosed/replaced/coped with the
replacement of a steering rack in a GTV6? I've looked over
the instructions given in the Alfetta manual on the CarDisk
CD for the GTV6; is this essentially unchanged to the GTV6?
I guess I'm searching for any 'been there, done that and
whatever you do, don't <insert mistake here>' type input. I
think the rack has to be replaced as the steering wheel
spins freely but the u-joints are ok and the wheels have a
tendency to point in opposing directions. Something is 100%
detached inside of the driver's side bellows -- the control
arm pokes out at the rubber like a broken bone when you move
the wheel.

Also, I'll be needing the rack itself. I may be obtaining a
donor car this weekend, but it this fails, I'd like to hear
about any lying about available for purchase.

Secondly...I'm in need of a trustworthy body shop in the
Tampa Bay area of Florida. Anyone with particularly good
experiences here, please feel free to share them with me.

Thirdly...lets not forget Regina in the list of fuel
injector manufacturers of yon. Their system was licensed
from Lucas or Bosch or somesuch. They must have taken a
break from making sewing machines to supply the Swedes with
a system whose components are even more rare and expensive
than Spica.

Fourthly...good news! My GTV6's assailant's insurance
company decided to pay for damages and not take the 'total
loss' route! (Anyone who has followed this saga has probably
figured that out by items 1 and 2.) Against all odds,
Integon insurance company has proven willing and even
friendly about the settlement paying out a value should
adequately cover the costs without totaling the car. This
may be a 90's Alfa first! (Bruce Brock, I don't know if you
follow the digest...but the car you entrusted to me will
survive.)

Sorry for the usual long windedness...

- - Eric H., Clearwater, FL
1983 GTV6 'Felicite'...who will rise again!