Alfa Urban Legends

Kit Rewine wrote:

> The guy who was working on my GTV6 told me that several
> years ago, he had a customer w/an early 70s GTV who came in complaining
> of a thumping sound inside the driver's side door whenever he made a
> turn.  They take the door apart and there is an empty bottle of Ouzo
> that somehow was left in there by the factory workers.  He swore it was
> true!

I haven't heard this story, but as ouzo is a greek liquer, and italians
are notoriously ethnocentric, it seems unlikey.  I'm certainly willing
to buy the likelyhood of italian assembley-line workers drinking a bit,
but would be very surprised if ouzo was their medicine of choice.  As
for a bottle left in a door, it's probably pretty tight in there, but
who knows...

Hal