Wanting to buy a 164L

Okay, my fellow Alfisti, here's my quandary:

My beautiful, half-Korean wife has FINALLY decided to ditch her Mazda MPV.
She grew up driving a Toyota Celica, and she periodically drives my Milano
(although she claims SnowHawk doesn't like her.)  She wants a Mazda 626 or
Protege as a replacement.

HOWEVER, locally there is an 1991 Alfa 164L, auto tranny, 50k miles for sale
by my mechanic/ex-dealer.  I drove the car for several days last week while
he was replacing the radiator on SnowHawk.  It drives wonderfully,
everything works well.  And of course, it's price is much less than either
Mazda Pat is looking at.

Pat has said on occasion she wants to project a "professional image" at her
office, and wants to drive a "professional's car."  (Fortunately, she
doesn't want a BMW!)  To me, the 164 would be perfect!

Her concern is the reliability of the Alfa.  To her, a 50k mile car is half
dead already (to us, it's just getting out of puberty <g>!)  My local Alfa
mechanic is excellent, and he has done all maintenance and upgrades on this
car.  So I ask this of my fellow Alfisti: email my wife with your testimony
of 164L ownership, how reliable they are, etc.

Her email address is: patricia.a.warren@domain.elided

Many, many thanks!

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 155k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles
1974 Spider, "roba di rifiuto"