Re: Problem with 75 TS

I had a recent starting problem with my Milano.
It showed spark from a plug lead/spark plug to
"earth", and the timing looked just fine with the timing
light.  But, it wouldn't start at all.
The distributor rotor ("rotor button" ?) and distributor
cap were both exactly 4 months old.

Finally, I checked the rotor visually.  It was supposed to
have a black resistive goop between the center electrode
and the outside contact that rotates between the leads to
the spark plugs.  The resistor had entirely blown itself
away!  Apparently there was enough spark to jump that
1/2 inch (over a centimeter) but not enough to fire a plug
in compressed mixture.

You should carefully check your rotor.  You could even measure
the resistance between the two contacts.  A good one (of the
resistive kind) measures 1 Kohm, my blown-away one was more than
20 Meg Ohm!  (e.g OPEN)

Jay

But,

End of alfa-digest V7 #524