Re: Towing a 76 spider

If you're going to tow your Spider cross country, put it on a trailer.
Don't try to pick it up and drag it on its wheels. That's only just ok
for a short hop to the shop in an emergency if you have the correct tow
rig (the type that picks up the front or back end by the wheels works ok)
and don't go over 30 mph.

There are no safe towing anchorages at either end of the car that I'm
aware of. I've seen so many cars damaged from towing without a trailer
it's horrid. Whenever I need to move a Spider for any reason, I call for
a flat bed tow vehicle.

There is a very active Alfa club named "Alfa Romeo Association" based in
Foster City (SF Bay area). Take a look in at
<http://www.speedquest.com/ara/> for information.

There is a large community of Alfa owners and shops in the Monterey/SF
Bay area.

Godfrey