Towing a 76 spider

Thanks to those who responded to my question about my H20 temp
needle's erratic behavior. I haven't had a chance to look into it just
yet. When I get settled in Monterey, I'll check on the hoses and
sending unit.

In a couple of weeks I will be trekking cross country, 2 people in 3
cars. The odd car out will be the Spider, so I'm considering
installing a hitch on the SUV (no boos or hisses please) and towing
"Betty".

My Cardisc didn't have any info on towing (that I could find any way).
Does anyone have any experience towing a Spider? Or know of a web site
or publication that has the necessary info to make the trip a
successful one?

Also, is there a club near Monterey,CA, and / or a recommended shop?

Thanks in advance.

==

Phil  D
AROC 38653