Re: High Pressure SPICA pump

>From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@domain.elided>

>I've seen reference to the "high pressure SPICA fuel pump" on the list
>several times now.

>According to my SPICA reference manual, the SPICA fuel system's main pump
>is supposed to hold system pressure at 12-15psi.

>The Bosch L-Jetronic pump, on the other hand, runs about twice the system
>pressure (40-60psi, if I recall correctly) but less than half the volume
>as all it's doing is pressurizing the injector rail.

The phrase usually refers to the output of the injector pump, which is
something on the order of 300+ psi. That's the "injector rail" pressure :-)

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |    "What luck for leaders that men          |
| Livermore, CA		      |    do not think.  The winner is never       |
| jack@domain.elided   |    asked if he lied." - Adolph Hitler       |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |