Re: High Pressure SPICA Pump

>From: JHertzman@domain.elided

>In AD7-524 Jack Hagerty suggests that a reference to "High Pressure SPICA
>pump" usually refers to the output of the injector pump, rather than the
>supply pump. I believe he is incorrect.

Actually, I was reacting to the original poster's comment on "fuel
rail pressure."  When originally introduced in the early '70s, the
output of the Spica fuel pump was indeed very high at ~15 psi when
the typical pump to feed carbs was on the order of 3-4 psi.

Thanks for keeping me honest :-)

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |    "What luck for leaders that men          |
| Livermore, CA		      |    do not think.  The winner is never       |
| jack@domain.elided   |    asked if he lied." - Adolph Hitler       |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |