Re:Re: Milano clutch, 2nd gear syncro recap

Brian Shorey and John Katos wrote:
<< nice write up.  one comment on the above - when pounding on that pin,
you should support the shaft from the other side (it's not easy).  paul
glynn has told me of bent shafts when removing stubborn pins without
proper support.
 fwiw,  bs
  >>I agree, nice write up. On the roll pin, I have been told that there
is a strap type of tool that wraps around the shaft and levers out the
roll pin.

I didn't think of this at the time but it makes sense that the shaft
could get bent (luckily mine didn't).  Next time I'll make up such a
tool.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano Platinum