155 & 168, Canada & Brake Pads

Hi gang,
        First all somebody last week mentioned the ABS in the 155 at
slow speeds prevented the car from stopping.My '97 155 has probably the
best brakes (untill recently) of any previous car I've had.The ABS
doesn't cut in too early even under heavy braking.However I do notice
that if I pull over to the ditch side of one of our Irish Country roads
where there is alot of mud, the ABS activates but it seems like along
time before the car comes to a final halt.I know the front wheel is
buried in mud and therefore hads zero grip but its as though the ABS
releases pressure to all wheels- I've just got used to it.
   The reason I said until recently is because I had all pads replaced
about 2K ago and the brakes dont have the same bite that they used
to.Also they are grabby and noisey at slow speeds until they warm
up.Obviously a different compound was used-Ah well!
    Just wondering if we have any digesters in CANADA, specifically
Winnipeg Manitoba as I will be there for about a Month in May and I have
hired a car.I'd like to meet up if anybody was in the area.
   Last but not least, eventually recently somone wrote the answer to a
burning question I was TOO AFRAID to ask. they explained the difference
between all those Milanos I've been reading about-Verde,Gold,Platinum
etc..but I have to ask What is a 168?!

Forgive My ignorance and longwindedness,
Regards,

Ben Cosgrave
Dublin Ireland.

1997 155 2.0 T.Spark 16V Sport