Re: more Spica

**************
Paul Irvine writes:
I have a '79 Alfetta that probably has about the worst of the SPICA
setups
(although I believe there was a single throttle setup in the early 80's
that
may have been worse). I use the car to get to work and back daily and I
can
live with it. It seems to suffer mostly from a lack of low end grunt.

BTW - only twice in the past 19 years have I been left at the side of
the
road by any of my Alfas. Neither time had anything to do with the fuel
delivery system.

I really don't intend to beat this into the ground, but has no one out
there ever had a belt break, gas in the oil, or been unable to start
their Spica injected car in the first place? I will never argue that a
perfectly set-up and maintained Spica unit has some (perhaps most)
attributes over Webers. However, I'm of the strong feeling those who
have had major problems with their Spicas are carefully staying out of
the current reliability issue under discussion.

Biba
Irwindale CA