Re: Alfa service directory

John Hertzman makes a good point in #513 regarding list of authorized
parts and service suppliers in the AROC's service directory. (A little
long to do a copy paste.)

In spite of many of my smart-ass comments to the Digest (and elsewhere),
I would like nothing more than to see older Alfas, if nothing else, have
the chance to become MORE dependable.

I have, for instance, a very pristine, yet vintage 110 page pamphlet
published by FIAT in 1967 of all their service stations in Asia, Africa,
America, and Oceania(?).

Why doesn't someone take the AROC list as a starting point, add to it
(paid or not) and publish a small but informative pamphlet, not unlike
the Fiat one?

I don't care if you have the latest 164 or a 1900, wouldn't it be nice
to have a book like that in your glove compartment before you take off
cross country?

Should that belt on your Weber break (yes, I'm trying to be cute here),
wouldn't it be nice to know you're not all that far from help?

Yes, it would be a labor of love, but I'd sure feature it on my web site
for sale and suspect others would also be more than happy to.

Biba
Irwindale CA
AlfaCyberSite http://home.earthlink.net/~biba/