deployed airbag, what to do....

>Does anyone know if there is a replacement "thing" to replace a deployed
>airbag in the steering wheel?  I also have been told to just "glue it up"..
>has anyone had success gluing the thing back up?  I am putting this wheel
in a
>non-airbag car.. So do not need the bag.

A deployed ABS wheel? What I would do would be to glue in some magnets, to
the lid, and also to the housing of the steering wheel. I think there is
already a hinge at the bottom of the flap.  This way, you get a neat little
secret compartment in the steering wheel that opens and closes (in a space
previously occupied by a useless, violently exploding burlap sack).

Once you perform this modification, your car will go faster. But wait, that
is not all. Please imagine the following scenario. You are stopped at a red
light. You look over casually to the "Stacy" in the white VW convertible
next to you. She is sooo hot. Suddenly, you flip open the lid on your
steering wheel, like a cowboy unholstering his gun, grab some peanuts (or
Kleenex, or fresh grapes) and chew nonchalantly (except for the Kleenex, of
course) . When she sees this, her job drops..... The horror !!!! You see
very elaborate and shiny gold braces. Your jaw drops at this point.  The
peanuts fall out. The light will not change for an eternity....You figure it
is best not to stir and pretend you meant to do that.

This could be **YOU** and you could be *IT*,  if you follow my simple
advice.

thx
luke

74 Spider, 82 GTV6, 95 164LS, 98 Audi A6 Q