164 Shocks?

I'm the guy who just bought a 164LS and has been complaining that it
doesn't handle as well as I'd hoped.  Went on a drive this weekend with the
family in the 164.  Items of Alfa-related interest:

1) Passed a Ferrari F-40 going the opposite way.  Slow enough to tell it
was real.  Replaced eyes in sockets.
2) Visited an aquarium, and saw a "cuttlefish", the animal that gave its
name to the Duetto's roundtail.  Didn't mention this to family to avoid
being berated as an Alfa geek.
3) Noticed that on turns on uneven pavement, the 164 felt a tad boat-like.
The front end seems to float and bounce in a rather disconcerting way,
rather a bit too much like your father's Oldsmobile.  Are the stock shocks
considered soft?  My 1994 164LS has 80K miles on it.  Could the shocks be
shot?  (The car is otherwise in very good condition).  Any suggestions for
replacement shocks?

Roger

1969 1750 roundtail Spider
1994 164LS