tunnel slap- a "yes, but"

Joel Hailey (and Jack Hagardy agrees) thinks that the dreaded tunnel slap is	caused partially by bad rear springs.  Whereas this might be quite correct
in the cars one sees, I have a '73 with new rear springs, AND the tunnel
slap.

However, I think that the driveshaft allignment group is onto something, with
the new springs, the rear of the car is WAY too high (same spacers with new
springs... not cool), so the driveshaft allignment isn't too good here.
Another thing I've got is a thunk on each launch from rest.  And I think the
same root cause is the blame.

Thank God, I have the car apart right now, and can fix much of this...

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI