Re: TS v V6

> Today I finished putting in the replacement engine and have found an
> enormous difference in performance. The car now flies, so much so that I
> may not need to upgrade to a  V6!

It is commonly questioned in the Uk press whether a V6 is, in effect, an upgrade to
a TS.

The TS set up is 70kg lighter than a 2.5V6 and 100kg lighter than a 3.0V6.  that is
a big person less to carry around in the nose of the car.  The TS does fly.  It is
like two different engines - under 4k revs it is like any other modern engine -
above 4k revs it does not want to stop.

The UK press again in general sees TS versions of 156 and 166 as the best value and
all round car - the main reason suggested for the V6s is pure straight line grunt
and cruising.

Andrew