2 liter engine in a Super

Hi, I have a -67 Super that one of the previous owners put a 1750 engine
in. It still has the 1600 flywheel with the accompanying small bell
housing and mechanical clutch. Now I have a very healthy 2 liter engine
that I would like to replace it with, preferable without getting a -69
pedal box and re-engineering the car!

So here are the questions: What is the easiest way to mate the 2 liter
to the small bell housing so I can keep the mechanical clutch and two
bolt starter?

Has anyone out there attempted to machine down a 2 liter flywheel to
accept the 1600 ring gear?

Would it be possible to modify the 8 bolt 1600 flywheel to fit the 8
bolt 2 liter crank?

Any suggestions are welcome (except "Put a 1600 in it"...)

Thanks a bunch
Thomas Moll
NWARC     http://welcome.to/nwarc
Seattle WA