RE: Tunnel Slap

I had this same problem in my 1986 Spider. I needed new u-joints anyway so I
replaced all u-joints, driveline support bearing and flex donut with no
improvement. I thought that would fix it because the support bearing had a
huge rip in the rubber around the bearing. I replaced the motor mounts for
the sagging engine problem and that did not help the driveline slap. I
finally replaced the transmission mount. The old mount was not torn or
cracked and it was positioned properly. This fixed the problem and it has
not come back in over 50k miles.

Brad H.