alfa-digest V7 #501

Has anyone out there ever replaced the entire rear outer skin and trunk of a
spider.

I have the IAP manual that has some details on replacing body parts, and a mig
welder.

Here is the deal.  I have a '74 that has a nice front end and motor, but the
trunk area is rusted away.  I have a '93 that has no nose cone, engine or
transmission  and damage to the suspension.  I want to hack the  rear skin off
the '93 to save the '74.. Also update the interior and doors... etc..  any
insights?

Also..am I right in stating that as long as I keep the firewall in the car it
is "officially" a '74 as far as registration goes?  (that's mainly for
emissions sake)

Thanks
Jon
Dallas TX