re:waterpump and stuck cable

I have the same problem when I try to disconnect and pull out the cable at
the meter end (to lube it).   I used a pair of pliers to grip the end of the
cable and twist it in the same direction of the way it turns
(ie clockwise from your perspective, the same direction your tacho
needle turns).  The constant driving action on the cable jams my cable in
somehow.

It will unstick itself.  You can probably achieve the same
results at the water pump end.  Don't snap the cable though!

Good Luck!

Andrew C