Re: Inboard Front Brakes, etc.

RonHorowitz@domain.elided writes:
<< With a front power pack, you've also got the problems of heat, engine oil,
 etc. to get rid of. As I recall, the old Audi 100 had inboard front brakes,
 can't think of too many other production cars that did. >>

Yes,
My parents 1971 Audi 100LS had inboard front disks, FWD and AT. The three
produced a lot of heat and tremendous pad wear. It was so bad that after the
first set of pads my dad never paid for subsequent pads, rotors or sensors.
(an early extended warranty?) Other than that it was a _very_ nice, though
nose heavy, car. It was designed by MB which sold the name and all to VW who
marketed it through PCar.

John Katos
many alfas
87 Audi 5ktq (5000cs Turbo Quattro)