Inboard Front Brakes, etc.

Re inboard front brakes:

With inboard front brakes, if a brake shaft snaps under hard braking (whe=
else?) you'll make a quick 90 degree turn somewhere you didn't want to be=
.
As I recall, Jackie Stewart refused to drive such cars for this reason.
With a front power pack, you've also got the problems of heat, engine oil=
,
etc. to get rid of. As I recall, the old Audi 100 had inboard front brake=
s,
can't think of too many other production cars that did. Then there was th=
Reventlow Scarab with the center rear brake, my favorite (though totally
impractical) setup!

Also, re Fessia:

I love the Fessia Lancia's. They were over engineered (if a bit too heavy=
,)
too complicated, and too costly to manufacture, though, which contributed=

to Lancia's red ink. Compare them to Giacosa's Fiats and you'll see what =
mean. It's no coincidence that most modern cars have a front drive power
pack  that's installed from the bottom of the car, since that's the
cheapest way to build a car. Too bad most of them are horrible things to
drive!