here's a thunk

So I just gave advice to someone else, now can I ask a question.

I just installed adjustable upper A-arms on my 86 spider. no problem. Car
was fine. I then had the alignment done, staying mostly within "spec" except
for the 1.2 degrees neg camber up front.

Now, when I step on the brakes hard, there is a sharp thunk as if weight is
being transferred forward suddenly. Braking gently, like you are supposed
to, produces no noise. everything appears tight on the alignment,  could it
be a bushing somewhere? The noise is not noticebly from one side or the
other, rather it sounds like it is coming from the middle of the car. what
gives.?

- --
Alan Florsheim
Hornall Anderson Design Works