Is my loss your gain????

Sorry, I know I should be posting to the Italian car digest, but maybe some
of you Alfisti might be interested.  Last week I wuz in LA with the Mrs.
She's generally a good sport about cars and car stuff, although she hates
it when I see something on a used-car lot and want to check it out.

This, then, is an open invitation/request to those of you in LA
(specifically in the San Gabriel Valley) to check out a black Maserati
Quattroporte on a used car lot (I can't remember the name of the place) in
Alhambra.  Turns out that my in-laws live about two blocks away from this
lot and I just had to check out the car, but only had about five minutes to
look at it.  It's an '84, black (looks like a so-so repaint), no major body
damage--but a few dings.  Interior very nice (especially the dash-top fuzzy
stuff).  Low miles (if true) at 46k.  Engine looks clean.  Has interesting
quad-pipe Anza exhaust.  Big, cheap 70 series tires, I think (not original
Michelins)  Only obvious interior flaw is a 1-inch rip on the instrument
pod.  They were asking what seems like an outrageous $14,600 for the car,
and it does have a "partial" service history.  If I had the time to drive
the thing I probably could have learned a lot more, but I think this place
would take less than $10k for it since-how should I put it-it does not
really appeal to their clientele (mostly Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, etc).  Rumor
has it it's been sitting around for a while.  Make 'em a low cash offer I
guess.

If anyone wants to do a little recon I'd certainly be interested in knowing
what you find (or if the car is gone--since now I actually want to go back
down to check it out again).  The dealership is located on Valley Blvd. in
Alhambra, about one block West of Atlantic Ave (on the North side of the
street).

Happy hunting!

Chris Robyn
Berkeley, CA
'84 GTV-6
'91 168
'86 944 turbo (for sale or trade for Range Rover or Maserati Quattroporte!?)

Chris Robyn
Acquisitions
University of California Press
2120 Berkeley Way