Found Alfa...

deep in the bowels of a farmhouse shed in South Australia, an alfa has been
discovered.

Chassis# AR1290977
Engine# AR0053021893

can anyone shed any light on what exactly it is?

a 105 series coupe of some sort with the stepped bonnet, possibly a 1600, or
maybe a Junior.  its rusty, but otherwise very original.  It is
twin-webberized, with the old-style alloy over the cam-cover airbox.  from
the tag on the window, it was last registered in 1991.

I got a look at it yesterday, while helping Davide Frada check out a 1750
berlina found in the same shed.  The berlina looks to be in surprisingly
good shape given the large amount of time its spent in the shed.  engine
fired pretty much straight off, idles smoothly, and revs without missing.
the water pump is totally stuffed, and emits nasty noises (anyone know what
a new one is worth?)  the accel. linkage was broken, so we couldnt take it
for a drive.  apparently the clutch has frozen as well.  He's decided to buy
it, anyway.

as for the coupe, I think he's considering buying it as a spare parts car.
I'm very tempted to buy it if he doesnt, with a view to stashing it until
the day when I decide I want a GTA replica...

Ben
'68 1750 GTV (who was left scarred on the weekend by some asshole with a set
of keys...  Bastards!!!!)