2000 Spider questions

Chris -

1.	Welcome to Alfa ownership!
2.	The left-hand lever opens and closes the valve letting hot water
into the heater core.  Over time the rubber parts swell and block off
the flow, no matter where the valve lever is set.  The valve is a real
pain to change, but it can be done by the owner.  Lie on the floor and
look up past the accelerator pedal, you should be able to see the
control rods that link the heater valve itself to the lever.  Obviously,
the first thing to check is that the control rod is attached to the
lever on the heater valve itself.  It's held in place by a set screw.
It takes about 6-8 hours to change it.  I've never seen a knob on the
dashboard control lever that isn't a "def" button turned upside down.
:-)
3.	National Alfa Parts:  a)  Join AROC -  the info alone is worth
$45/year, plus it includes membership in the local club; b)  Centerline
in Colorado (http:\\centerlinealfa.com);  c)  International Auto Parts
in Virginia (they have a Website too); d)  Mastro Subaru Alfa in Tampa
Florida (our famous Bill Harkell works there!).  Atlanta Alfa parts -
Spruell Alfa on Buford Hwy is the local Alfa dealer.  Michelle, who
works the parts desk, knows her stuff.  For used parts, try Italian
Motor Works in Smyrna or AutoDelta in Atlanta.  All the shops have good
reputations (I use Italian Motor Works, Steve Morgan uses AutoDelta,
several others use Spruell).
4.	The local Alfa Club's next meeting is March 1 at the Rio Bravo
on Powers Ferry, just inside I-285.  Come join us!

Bill Bain
Past President - Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Atlanta
Home Page:  http:\\www.geocities.com\MotorCity\4033