new spider owner

Hi Chris,
The left hand lever is the heat control. Up is hot, down is cold. It's
possible that the PO took the heater core out of the circuit if it was
leaking.
As far as parts are concerned, I've been bookmarking all the Alfa parts
websites I could find. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll send a
list.
I know somebody posted a website where you could search Alfa repair shops by
state, but can't find it in my bookmarks.
Enjoy your car!
Chris Keen
'77 spider