Re: seatbelts

Len replied:
<<      Norm Sippel was commenting about field testing of his seatbelts, but
      had not had the opportunity, thankfully.
      I tested mine once, it was in my Mk I MG Midget. >>

Hi,
I didn't have the guts to "field test" seat belts so I let my wife and one of
her co-workers at the time do it for me. In 1979 we had just bought a 1979 VW,
so on that fateful day I let my dear wife drive our 1974 Opel 1900 Station
Wagon. A young and ignorant man illegally cut out of a side street from behind
a truch waiting as Mary turned left from a diagonal. She had no time to hit
the brakes and broadsided his Ford Granada at around 35 mph. Her co-worker had
his right leg crossed on his left leg, the force put his foot through the
glove box. The Opel was one foot shorter. Both Mary and her co-worker had
three bruises. One for each point of the three point belt. Mary's bruises
around four inches by six inches and took aroundthree weeks to heal.
Needless to say we never put a car in gear without buckling up.

John Katos