Alfasud Sprint handbrake cable replacement

Greetings,

I will be removing the engine of my daughters Alfasud Sprint (inboard front
disks) shortly to replace the broken handbrake cable.

I will replace the front disk pads and timing belts at the same time and
attempt to fix the rattling (in fourth gear) gear lever.

Any thoughts or suggestions on these jobs from anyone who has done them
before, or suggestions on what else to do once the engine is out. The engine
has 120,00Km on it and runs like a train. The clutch was replaced about 5K
ago by the local dealership for the previous owner.

Thanks for any help.

Marty Wilson
Newcastle Australia
1977 Spider (Under restoration)
Amaroo Clubman (Lotus 7 Replica club racer)