Milano body flex, etcetera

hi john,

you don't drive hard enuff!  :>)  yust kidding.  actually, your post on the
subject was wery entertaining.  perhaps, the fact that i mostly drove volvos
before taking the plunge into the realm of alfas is why the milano seems to flex
a lot to me.  volvos are mini-tanks.  (if that 1st '72 berlina i test-drove back
in '76 didn't grunch so bad when shifting into 2nd, i'd have probably bought it
instead of the '71 volvo 145 wagon - my 2nd volvo, at the tender age of 20.  the
berlina-seller, commenting about the 2nd gear grunch, said - yeah, they all do
that!  what did i know, at age 20?)

anyways, my '88 werde cracked its windshield only several months into my
ownership of the car, back in '92, and before i was inclined to give it the
"workouts" it seems to enjoy.  :>)  i was still a "gnu-owner" - taking my time
learning the car's traits.  in the 7 years i've owned the car, i've discovered
little things which lead me to believe that its 1st 40k miles may have been a
little harder than its original owner let on.  but, after hearing from other
milano owners, it's also quite possible that italian qc was (is?) such that
there may be quite a range of structural stiffness from one milano to the next.

ciao for now,

doug s