Chassis stiffness

I've been following the thread regarding the cracked windshields and
chassis stiffness.  I hope that the people claiming that their
milano is not rigid are not confusing suspension sloppiness with
chassis rigidity.  The Milano chassis was one of the stronger ones
of it's time and still is a very strong overdesigned chassis.

I've jacked up both my milanos from one corner until 2 wheels are off the
ground and all four doors, trunk and hood open and close flawlessly....if
you can consider that a scientific test for rigidity.

Furthermore, I have a VERY stiff suspension set up on one of the Milanos.
I mean rock solid, where the only play when you push down is that from
the tire profile....where you can count the loose change on the pavement
when you drive over it...you get the picture...and the setup has
been on the car for over 3 years.  All I can say, after HARD driving
and all-out turns, over bumps , the car is as solid as ever...no
sloppiness anywhere.

Unless your chassis has had sever damage in an accident and was
restraightened...I wouldn't jump the gun and blame your chassis
for things like a windshield crack. I'd side towards poor windshield
mounting.  As far as doors not opening and closing when the car
is lifted: I'd says is most probably due to a sagging or poorly mounted
door.

...my 2 cents worth.

Dimitri