Re: Alfa factory parts issue

"Brian Shorey" <bshorey@domain.elided> writes:
> normally i try not to be contentious, but the whole concept of alfa doing
> business in this country and us supporting them strikes a raw nerve with me.
> sorry for the negativism, but alfa romeo let me down big time when they
> pulled out.  i see no reason to make charitable donations to them.  i'll
> support ereminas, centerline, iap, ricambi, etc, who seem to be here because
> they care.

I agree with Brian that Alfa screwed up big time in their marketing in the USA,
but I don't agree on the parts issue. I buy from Alfa dealers not because I
feel sorry for Alfa, but because they have more of the parts I need. I
admit that my cars are some what newer (84-94), but trying to find interior
trim pieces or moulded FI hoses though the aftermarket places is very  unreliable. Getting the
Ricambi Originali also gives me peace of mind when
replacing critical pieces like head gaskets, master cylinders or timing belts.

There are a few dealers that *want* to be here also. The trick is finding them
and getting to know them. Prices are usually in-line with the aftermarketer
as well.
- --
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@domain.elided
'84 GTV6        '87 Milano Gold         '94 164LS Auto
Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) Treasurer
MAARC Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
164 Home Page:    /alfa/FAQ/164
NOS Alfa Parts for sale: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380/cbvparts.htm