Oil pump replacement? / GTV6 forum

Hi:
I'm busy rebuilding a V6 engine, and have disassembled the oil pump just to
check things out.  I noted that the driven rotor (the one not on the end of
the drive shaft) is somewhat scorred on its outer circumferences.  Is this
a problem?  Should the pump be replaced?  I have no reason to suspect that
the oil pressure was low (the bearings and cams are in perfect condition -
though I have replaced those).  The engine has 140 000 on it.
Advice/experiences with this much appreciated!

New stuff on the GTV6 site includes a discussion forum - so if you would
like to post something or can help someone else out with an answer to a
question, please visit at:
http://www.gtv6.org/discus/index.html
Most of the current discussions concern GTV6 issues - but any discussion
threads about any Alfas are most welcome.

Cheers
Mike
1985 GTV6
http://www.gtv6.org