Re: 155 Q4

Hello Mike

I have driven Lancia Delta Integrales, some factory 155 Q4s and some
VERY hot 155 Q4s. Those cars are blast. However if you want to
seriously drive this babies wild, they need some strenghtening (for
example front halfshafts, front suspension, some rar suspension
parts). The same applies to HF Integra cars too. The only lucky thing
all the necessary parts are available from rally racing supplies from
Italy for relatively low cost. Interestingly a racing version handles
much more neutral than the street version. Since the Lancia is quite
short, but really wide it goes sidaways a lot. I used to find myself
going backwards after a turn :-) so one has to used to it. The 155
chassis is way longer than the delta, so it is a bit better
by design, but it needs some tweaking.
Though the 155 version is "only" 187 hp, the delta evo2 version is
240 and the engine can safely handle 280 too. So the first say 50 hp
can be gained easily by increasing turbo boost (read cheap).
If you want to go racing, a good race engine with water injection is
well beyond 300-330 hp at 2-2.5 bar boost, with very nice power
curve.
I'm really sorry but I cannot help in the valuing question. I'm way
off from the UK (Hungary, the very east of Europa, not even in the
union yet), so even if I travel to England 2-3 times a year I cannot
estimate a close to real value of these cars.
Personally I love these cars. Even if they are not original Alfa in
every question, but they are superior by design. You can even see a
very nicely modified version of the 155 Q4 at my homepage under
Cars/The Famous Hormann 155.
Best regards:
Tamas

ps:I'm still lokking for FIA homologation papers for the 2.5 GTV6 mad
ebetween 80-86. Please if anybody could send me a copy I would be
very grateful. Thanks.

> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:15:00 PST
> From: Mike Salter <mcmikey@domain.elided>
> Subject: 155 Q4
>
> Hi Folks,
> Does anyone out there know anything about the 155 Q4, a 155 with Lancia Delta Integrale running gear
> under the bonnet? I occasionaly see them for sale in the U.K. and quite fancy the idea of looking for one. I'm
> interested to know if anyone has one, has driven one or knows someone who's driven one. Also how many were made and
> what is the value of these cars. Mike Salter 164 3.0L Liverpool England.

Tamas Boday
Chairman of Alfa Romeo Club Hungary
82 GTV6
83 Sprint Veloce
88 Alfa 33 Race car in Hungarian Rally Championship

End of alfa-digest V7 #483