Alfa Romeo's Tops

>Wayne R Haight <whaight@domain.elided> writes

>Mahalo (thanks) to all who repsonded to my cloth top care query. The
>towel on the window is a great idea. ... so keeping the vibration of the
top to a >minimum while driving is essential. My car didn't come with any
sort of >securing straps like the ones Gordy Hyde mentioned,

I mentioned this to Wayn off digest, but now I am puzzled.  My Spider has
rubber bungee straps on each side of the luggage well.  They are
connected by means of a chrome plated fitting with two screws into the
carpeting.  Exposed is a swivel fitting that looks like it should be used
to hold down a tonneau cover or something.  What are these fittings for?
I have the Veloce style boot cover.  Are these things used on the Quad or
Grad by chance?

>fabricate some sort of cinch device to keep the vibration down while
driving.

The ones I have look similar to the bungees advertised in IAP, but I
don't see how IAPs would attach with the fitting that I have.
This is not really important, as everything works well, but ...inquiring
minds want to know.
Thanks

Gordy Hyde
Seattle (still reigning)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]