stebro replies and terminal speed.....

Hi Gang!!!

Thanks to all the Digesters who replied to my quest for the Stebro info.

Regarding terminal speed, boys and gals, I've managed to peg the
speedometer of my 33 1.5 with carbs (new model) to the end of the
scale.... the scale reads 220km/h just before the end... in the factory
spec you got only something like 180Km/h....
managed to do about 7000 something rpm.....
5 gear, long downhill about 5 km, divided high way.....
real speed must have been about 210 or 215....
according to Rpm and gearing...

JFYI I've managed average times of 170Km/h (known distance - about 66
km) and time - about 23 min...).... same place... I used to run this
highway every day..... BTW, this was in 1990/91...

Not bragging... just to let some people now that what the factory says
some times is optimistic....
What we (back in Europe) were told was that Alfa would only say the
speed that the car could maintain for a certain amount of time (long) no
matter what (uphill, downhill, etc.......) so that it would not risk
having dissatisfied clients with claims it could not attain....

I can still remember some spirited driving at the speed limit (the car's
not the legal one...) with a lot of cars of other makes left behind.....

Just itchy to go back to Europe to have my license revoked very very
fast!!!!

Paulo Ascensao
3xGTV6
33 1.5