Securing Cloth Tops

Wayne was looking for advice on keeping his new top new.

 I once saw a very well kept spider parked, and of course went to take a

discreet gander.  Noticed that the guy had folded a terry bath towel
into the window as he put the top down.  Struck me as a pretty good
idea, and I'll probably do it too, as soon as I replace MY top
(doubtless also with one from Caribou).  And now I know to have the
factory manual.  Thanks, Wayne.  Please respond directly if you have any

other advice to share, or would be willing to elaborate a bit on the
installation experience.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega"
(with ultra-ratty top)