stepper motor replacement gears

Re the Dreaded Click of Death:  According to notes I took once upon a
time, the guy supplying (metal, not OEM plastic) 164 stepper motor
replacement gears is Doug Hodson.  Supposed to be 50 pounds Sterling
for a set of 2 aircraft alloy gears.  His address is 43 Queensway,
Pettswood, Orpington, Kent, BR5 1EB, England.  Phone number
44-1689-817744

Thankfully our 164 came with its stepper motor newly repaired so I
can't claim to be a satisfied customer.

It was mentioned that the official Alfa video showing how to do the
repair is quite helpful.  I understand the video instructs you to
remove the dash for access.  I know the repair has also been
successfully done by other digesti without removing the dash -  going
through the firewall instead.  Perhaps they can speak up with helpful
hints if need be.

Megan