re: GTV6 engine upgrade options?

hi simon, you said:
>...Ok so I (like many) have an original 2.5L GTV6, and
>i am curious about the possible upgrade options.
>I figure 225-230hp and 210lbft would update the
>car to the 90's (yeah i know 2000 is just around
>the corner, but lets not be too ambitious) ...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
i feel the easiest, cheapest way to do this is w/a 12v 3.0, 1st from a milano
werde, 2nd from a 164.  i have heard from several sources, that it's a mite more
difficult to do a 164 3.0 transplant, due to different systems (ie - serpentine
belt) configurations.  mite be easier/cheaper to find a 3.0 12v from a 164 now,
tho.

add 's' cams, hedders & free-flow air filter/exhaust, and an afm/ecu/sparkbox
mod, and you should have your 225+ hp.  i currently have an s-cammed  3.0 in my
gtv6, & am in the process of getting the afm/ecu/sparkbox mod.  exhaust will
wait 'til the current exhaust fails (the rear section is almost gone!).  hedders
will wait for an alternative to shankle or ansa (hurry up, stebro!).  anyone out
there have any luck w/a good exhaust guy making you a custom set?

my milano werde has 's' cams, and the dimatteo afm/ecu/sparkbox mod, and it sure
feels like it has 220+ hp!  only other mod is a stebro rear section exhaust.

ciao for now,

doug